Alan’s Not a Designer Design Tips
I’m not a designer but over time I’ve collected some guidelines for some simple improvements of look and feel
- Make things line up with each other
- Make things consistent with the other things
- Give it more padding! Seriously, try giving it too much and working back, you'll be amazed
- Make sure there is constrast. Sure that text might be readable on your awesome screen in your office with sensible light, but what about on a terrible monitor, or in direct sun on a phone in the middle of the day?
- If a choice is binary (ie. only two options to pick from, a checkbox is probably what you are looking for)
- If there is a small collection of choices (no more than about 5), a radio button is the way to go (if there is more, use a select box)